NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, you must be a, legal residents of the U.S., 18& older and a parent/legal guardian or teacher/school representative of a child(ren) in grades K-8 at an accredited U.S. school. Additional restrictions apply. Begins 12:00:01 a.m. ET on 2/1/2012 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 4/16/2012. For Official Rules, visit, www.lenovodreamtodo.com. Void where prohibited. The Contest is sponsored by Lenovo (United States) Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER WHO ARE PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIANS OR A TEACHER/SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVE OF A CHILD(REN) IN SCHOOL GRADES K-8. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
- 1. ContestPeriod: The Lenovo Dream To Do Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 16, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
- 2. Eligibility: To enter, you must be a legal resident of the United States, who is, as of date of entry,18 years of age or older and a parent/legal guardian or teacher/school representative of a child(ren) attending a Qualifying School. A Qualifying School must: be accredited; be in the United States; enroll students in grades K-8; be listed in the school database on the Contest Website; and may be public or private, but not including home schools. Submission of entry for the Grand Prize is solely for the Qualifying School submitted on entry, not the individual Entrant or the student. Employees of Lenovo (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
- 3. How To Enter: During the Contest Period, you can enter the Contest at www.LenovoDreamToDo.com (the “Contest Website”) and click on the Contest link, submit all information including child or student’s complete name, school name, your name and all requested information (“registration”). You must then submit (by scanning or taking a photo of the original artwork, and then uploading t the Contest Website) a drawing that your child or student drew illustrating what they want to do when they grow up, accompanied by a sentence (25 words or less) (“Entry”). For a school to be eligible, it must include any grades from K-8, excluding home schools and be a Qualifying school, as listed above. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per K-8 student, regardless of who submits the Entry. If you are a teacher/school representative submitting Entry(ies) on your student or students’ behalf, you will need any completed school required parental permission forms. You must obtain signed release forms from each child’s parent/legal guardian (or you). A Release Form is available on www.LenovoDreamToDo.com as a printable PDF file (requires free Adobe Reader software.) You may use the Sponsor provided Release Form or your own form of Release Form (as long as your own form of Release Form contains the same material terms as Sponsor’s Release Form). You may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide a copy of the signed Release Form to Sponsor upon request. You understand that by submitting an Entry, eligible Entries (as determined by Sponsor) will be posted on Contest Website and will be subject to voting during the Voting Period. By submitting your registration, you will automatically receive one Sweepstakes entry. Any Entry that is inappropriate in any way will be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The person submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the name appearing on the registration form. The Entrant may be required to provide proof (as indicated below) that the principal or other authorized school representative allows his/her school to be entered in the Contest and may be required to provide forms that state same. By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion), 1) be posted online for consumers to view on the Contest Website or other Sponsor-selected sites; 2) Entries may be distributed across social media channels. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any posted Entries, in its sole discretion, even if the Entry has already been made available to the public. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 16, 2012 to be eligible. Normal Internet access, phone/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service will apply. Automated Votes, or those generated by script or bot are not eligible. Please make sure that the principal/authorized administrator of the school you are entering on behalf of is aware that you are entering on behalf of the school.
- 4. Entry Requirements: Entrants must comply with ‘submit a drawing’ and registration instructions when submitting their Entry. Entries will only be accepted through the Contest Website. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or is otherwise objectionable, will not be posted. Entrants (and child/parent/legal guardian of child if teacher/school representative is uploading Entry) may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants’ child(ren)/student(s). Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's pre-existing work does not qualify as an original work. In such an event, the Entries will not be posted online. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and parents/legal guardians (as applicable) acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the non-exclusive right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will not be posted. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will not be posted on the Contest Website. By submitting an Entry, you (and the parent/legal guardian if Entry is submitted by teacher/school representative) agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. Entries (or portions thereof) may be posted on the Contest Website, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- 5. Voting: By submitting an approved Entry on behalf of your school, your school will automatically receive ten (10) votes. During the Contest Period, all Entries will be posted on the Contest Website and will be subject to Voting by registered visitors to the Contest Website. Consumers will have the opportunity to visit the Contest Website each day to register or log-in and cast one (1) vote for an Entry representing a school. Voters must be legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older. Limit one vote per consumer per day. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting or the school from participation. Any attempt by the Entrant and/or his/her family/friends or any person to vote more than once per day, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including script, macro, bot, robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, commercial Contest subscription, incentives or sweepstakes not sponsored by Sponsor, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and votes by any means that subvert the voting process or do not conform to the spirit of these Official Rules shall give the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify the Entrant's/school’s votes. All Entrants and all votes received are subject to verification by Sponsor/Administrator. Decisions of Administrator/Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- 6. Judging/Determination of Grand Prize Finalists: All Entries representing a school will be preliminarily judged by a panel of judges by April 23, 2012, based on the following criteria: Originality and Creativity (30%); Best Drawing based on grade level (30%) and Relevance to Theme(40%). This judging will comprise 50% of a school’s final score based on the average score from all the Entries submitted from that school. The total online votes tallied from all approved Entries submitted on behalf of the school will comprise 40% of the school’s final score. The total number of Entries submitted per school will comprise the final 10% of the school’s score. Once the complete score has been tabulated, the five (5) Grand Prize finalists will be determined. The school’s principal or authorized representative at the top five (5) Grand Prize finalist schools determined based on judging scores/votes will be contacted by phone and/or email/mail by Administrator and will be required to complete a technology questionnaire to meet implementation standards for the prize within three (3) days of notification attempt. Based on the results of the questionnaire and the ranking of the finalists, the Grand Prize winner will be determined. In the event of a tie, the judging score will determine 100% of the score for the Grand Prize winner.
- 7. Sweepstakes Winner Random Drawing: The Sweepstakes winner will be selected randomly on or about April 23, 2012, from among all registered users. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawing. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend upon the total number of eligible registered users and all Voting Sweepstakes entries received. Sweepstakes winner will be notified via email.
- 8. 8. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1 - awarded to winning school, not Entrant): A technology makeover, awarded as Lenovo Technology Products (ARV: $50,000). The winning school is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with the prize. Grand Prize winning school will need to provide their Taxpayer ID# as a condition for receiving the prize. Technology makeover cannot be substituted for cash, services, or competitive products. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winning schools’ and school principals/authorized administrators’ names and/or likenesses and photographs and any possible footage, photographs and video of the Grand Prize winning school for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. Principal or other authorized school representative at Grand Prize winning schools hereby grant the Released Parties (as defined below) the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the footage (as described above), photographs and video (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in their sole discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes. The school’s principal or authorized representative at winning school will be contacted by phone and/or email/mail by Administrator and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release and assignment of rights (for Footage) within ten (10) days of notification attempt. Sweepstakes Prize (1 – Awarded to1 registered user): A Lenovo ThinkPad X130e laptop (ARV: $938). The Sweepstakes Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of notification attempt. Noncompliance within the 10-day time period will result in disqualification and another winning school/winner will be determined/selected, as applicable. Affidavits will be sent via email or Priority Mail. If a prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the school/Sweepstakes Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate school/winner will be determined/selected, as applicable.
- 9. General Rules: By participating in the Contest, Entrants (and the parent/legal guardian if Entry is submitted by teacher/school representative) and principals or other authorized school representatives at winning schools agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and shall not object or take actions against the final decision. Administrator may, in their sole discretion, contact the principal/authorized representative at each school where an eligible vote has been submitted in order to confirm that the school wishes to be included in the Contest. Decisions of judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The winning school and school principals/authorized administrators and Sweepstakes Prize winner, as a condition of participation into the Contest, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the “Released Parties ”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of the prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. The winning schools and school principals/authorized administrators and Sweepstakes winner assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of any prize. The winning schools and school principals/authorized administrators/Entrants/parents/legal guardians and Sweepstakes Prize winner agree that Sponsor and its agencies may use their name, likeness, photograph, or any other rights granted to Sponsor, including any claims for including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. The winning schools and school principals/authorized administrators and Sweepstakes Prize winner further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Released Parties that may infringe on their rights. By participating, winning schools and school principals/authorized administrators and the Sweepstakes Prize winner accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or the awarding of a Grand or Sweepstakes Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the votes in the Contest. Votes generated by script or bot are not eligible and will not be considered with respects to the Contest Voting. The Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Voting process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest (or online Voting) if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize from all eligible Votes received prior to cancelation, along with the judges’ scores and the total number of Entries submitted per school. The Sweepstakes Prize will be awarded from among all eligible Entries/Voting entries received prior to cancelation. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws. As a condition of agreeing to participate in the Contest, principal/authorized representative of participating schools agree that: 1) under no circumstance will they be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will school be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
- 10. Winners List: For the Grand Prize winning school and the Sweepstakes winner, available after May 23, 2012, visit www.LenovoDreamToDo.com for a period of at least 30 days.
- 11. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Lenovo, Inc., 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC 27560.